||Michel Herr has composed and arranged music for numerous films and all kinds of media.
His flexibility and his imagination allow him to contribute to contrasting projects without ever loosing his own touch.
From simple and moving melodies to more abstract musical atmospheres, from acoustic instruments to synthesizers, from the solo to the large ensembles, including strings, woodwinds, brass, big bands, etc... his wide musical palette covers many grounds with professionalism, creativity, taste and sensitivity.
He also is active as an arranger, orchestrator, conductor and producer.
Michel Herr is a member of the World Soundtrack Academy and the Belgian Screen Composers Guild.
He was many times a member of the jury of the Composition contest for young film music composers organized by the Ghent Film festival. He also participated as a panelist in a seminar on film music during the same festival.
In 2005, he was invited to be a member of the official jury of the Namur "Festival du Film francophone".
- Un crime très populaire (Didier Grousset, France 2/RTBF/Jem Productions (F)/BE Films (B), 2007).
- Le coup du lapin (Didier Grousset, France 2/Super Woman Prod. (F), 1999).
- Le responsable (from the series Les monos) (Didier Grousset, Prod. Art et Cinéma, Gaumont Télévision, France 2 (F)/RTL TVI, 1998).
- Eclats de famille (Didier Grousset, France 3/Canal +/Alya Prod. (F), 1994).
- Les magiciens du mercredi (Freddy Charles, RTBF (B) & A2 (F), 1983)
- San Francisco (from the "Aéroport" series) (Freddy Charles, coproduction RTBF (B) & A2 (F), 1982)
- Les fugitifs (Freddy Charles, RTBF (B), 1981)
- La mésaventure (Freddy Charles, RTBF (B), 1980)
- Le scoop (Jean-Louis Colmant, RTBF (B), Kammans Prize, 1977)
Photo © Jos L. Knaepen
- Django d'Or 2005 (Belgium) (RTBF La 2, 2005) (B) (+ video clip).
Musical director and leader of the band (tentet) for a 2 hour show, recorded live at the Botanique, Brussels. A selection was broadcasted by RTBF tv La 2.
Composition of the theme music, of several jingles and some other instrumental pieces.
- Mic Mac (ARTE TV, 2002) (+ video clip).
Theme music for Mic Mac, a cultural magazine, ARTE TV.
- VTM grand opening show (VTM TV, 1989) (B)
Arrangement of the theme music for the grand opening of VTM tv.
- Antennes de cristal (RTBF TV, 1988) (B)
Theme music and jingles.
- Nuit du cinéma, RTBF (RTBF TV, 1984) (B)
Michel Herr wrote the theme music, some jingles and several arrangements of famous movie themes.
As a pianist, Michel Herr participated in other tv film soundtracks, a.o. :
- L'homme brun (Freddy Charles, RTBF (B), with Toots Thielemans)
- Wings (NOS (NL), with Toots Thielemans)
- Passage : participation in the recording of the theme music of the tv show "Passages", on VRT (B), a theme composed by Frédéric Devreese, with Toots Thielemans (harmonica), etc... See a video of the recording session on Youtube.
Michel Herr wrote numerous theme musics or jingles : Bruxelles Musiques, Radio 21 (RTBF), etc...
Michel Herr wrote numerous commercials for radio, television and movie theaters : Brussels Jazz Rally, Tokyo Gas (Japan), Proximus, Creyf Interim, Pizza Pronto, Whiskas, Vins de Moselle, etc...
Link : Michel Herr on the Internet Movie Database site
Michel Herr also has an international reputation as a jazz composer and arranger. Read more here.